- Big Horned Sheep
- Black Buck
- Jacobs Four Horn
- Mule Deer
- Mule Deer Fawns
- Scimitar horned oryx
- Texas Dolls
- White Tail
We perform the following services including, but not limited to:
- Biological Sampling
- Net Gunning
- Data Collection
- Radio Tracking/Telemetry – all receivers (coded & un-coded)
- Tagging – Radio collars, satellite collars & ear marking
TTT – Trap, Transport, and Transplant Permits If your property currently has a very low deer density, you may be eligible for a TTT permit. This permit allows for the capture and movement of wild deer from one property to another. The main purpose of this permit is for restocking efforts. However, in certain cases it may provide a great jump start to the genetics of your native herd.
DMP – Management Program Deer Management Permit authorizes owners of high fenced properties to temporarily detain white-tailed deer in breeding pens located on the property for the purpose of natural breeding. Deer may not be detained for purposes that do not include natural breeding (i.e. “soft release” of bred TTT deer.) Participation in the DMP program requires a Deer Management plan that must be approved and signed by an authorized Wildlife Biologist or Technician.
TTP – Trap, Transplant, and Process Permits The Trap, Transport & Process is a mechanism to help reduce deer population in areas where white-tailed deer are overpopulated. Through the use of this permit, areas with surplus white-tailed deer can capture surplus deer, process their carcasses, and donate the resulting venison to penal facilities or charitable organizations for human consumption. To learn more about Deer Management, visit the Texas Parks and Wildlife website at www.tpwd.state.tx.us For more information on pricing or procedures, please do not hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com
A helicopter survey is most accurate to calculate harvest recommendations for deer and exotics.
Helicopter deer surveys are effectively utilized to obtain buck to doe ratio, fawn production, antler development of bucks, distribution of animals on ranch, and the vegetation condition of the ranch. “An aerial survey provides necessary population data in a short time frame. This information can be utilized to provide harvest recommendations for the entire ranch as well as individual pastures.” –Texas Parks and Wildlife
The most important finding is that helicopter surveys result in a significant undercount of the deer present on a property.
Flown in transect lines, helicopter deer surveys are taken at a 50 ft. elevation through GPS coordination to ensure full coverage of your property during survey. The Season for Wildlife Surveys runs from September 1st- March 30th For more information on pricing or procedures, please do not hesitate to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will travel to any festival or event that has more than 10,000 people in attendance with adequate space for take off and landing.
- The cost for a ride is $35 per person with a minimum of 2 or 3 passengers per flight.
- Maximum weight per passenger is 290lbs. Minimum requirement for take off and landing is 300′x300′ ; we usually recommend something in the size of a baseball field. We can work with the size of the space depending on surrounding landmarks.
- Strict weight requirements will be observed as required by the Federal Aviation Administration
- Minimum age limit is 2 years
- Hands and feet must remain inside aircraft at all times
- Seatbelts and headsets must be worn at all times during flight
- No one is allowed to approach the helicopter without Dragonfly Aviation, LLC personnel
- Passengers are not allowed to exit the aircraft without Dragonfly Aviation, LLC personnel
- Cameras must have a secure strap or cord and must be attached to your body at all times.
- No bags, cases, purses or any other bulky items allowed aboard the aircraft.
- Long hair will need to be braided or tied back
For more information on pricing, procedures, or bookings please do not hesitate to drop us a line at email@example.com